October 11, 2010

birmingham.

on saturday, we did a day trip to birmingham. we had to wanted to get out of town and it's less than an hour away...so perfect destination!

First stop was Wildflower Wax--the cutest lil store in Helena. They have homemade candles...seriously, how precious! They also have a pretty good sized selection of cowboy boots. I got the cutest pair, a little bit of a splurge for me, but totally worth it!


Then we were off to Mountain Brook to hang out with Allen, our friend and worship leader for Bama Crusade. Allen's friendship has been such a blessing to Justin! He has a black lab (Harvey) who Millie adores. We had such a fun afternoon letting the dogs play and watching football. Allen's family has cockapoos. 5 dogs in total, I was in dog heaven. I wasn't able to get a good pic of all 5...they were just too excited and having too much fun to sit still for the camera.




I missed the photo-op of all 5 slapping up water. Dang it. But this is still adorable.

If you look up puppy love in the dictionary, this picture is what you will find. Look at Harvey and Millie!





2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to experience the amazingness that is: Wildflower Wax! I really want to find some vintage boots there. I'm holding out for the perfect pair....I'm picturing a caramel colored brown boot. Nothing flashy, just classic. The ones you found are cute! And did you get a chance to stop in La Reunion coffee shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rec Rach! Your dream boots sound amazing...don't settle :) We didn't get a chance to go to La Reunion, but I did see it from the outside. It looked really cute!

    ReplyDelete