October 13, 2010

potato soup

i am really trying to be intentional about planning out our menu for the week on sundays. and i was anticipating it to get a little bit cooler outside (i was sorely mistaken) when i planned tonight's dinner.
but it was delicious, even if it is still 80 degrees outside....well, i just checked the weather it's currently 61 degrees. so ignore most everything i just said...
where was i? oh yeah, tonight's dinner!

I found this recipe online, with a name like The Best Potato Soup You Will Ever Eat--how could I resist giving it a shot? (You can go directly to her blog post here)

And I have to say, it was pretty darn fantastic.


















I changed up the original recipe a little bit...

5-6 whole potatoes.
3 cans cream of potato soup.
3 can milk (use soup can to measure).
1 cup mozzarella cheese.
1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
3 cloves garlic (minced or grated).
salt and pepper to taste.

-Boil the potatoes until fork tender. Drain and mash, leaving some chunks.
-Add soup and milk. Mix in cheese (save some for topping) and garlic.
-Stir over medium heat until soup comes to a low boil, then move to low heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
-Serve in individual bowls and top with additional cheese and bacon pieces (plus whatever you choose).

Linking Up at:

1 comment:

  1. I think it's official--I need to try adding bacon to my potato soup next time. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete