I saw a recipe for Cheesesteak Kebabs in Rachael Ray mag and a recipe for a cheese dipping sauce. I knew it was going to be good and Justin was going to love it. That's really all I look for in a recipe :)
Anyway, I cooked the chicken and green peppers in the skillet. Then started the cheese sauce.
I accidentally had 4 tbsp of butter in the picture, but only used 2 tbsp. Healthy.
Melted the butter, whisked in the flour, stirred in the milk and it looked like this.
Once it came to a boil, I stirred in the cheddar cheese.
After the cheese melted, I seasoned with salt and pepper.
I toasted bread and spooned the cheese over the chicken and peppers. Served with the double baked fries.
Seriously yummy.
For dessert, Halloween brownies!
EDIT: Forgot to post the recipe the first time :)
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Lower the heat and slowly whisk in the milk until the mixture thickens and starts to boil. Stir in the cheese until smooth, season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm!


you are turning into quite the cook!!! do you have a blog button so I can put a link to you on my blog?
ReplyDeletethanks Court! no, I don't even know what a blog button is...what's that??
ReplyDelete