October 3, 2011

monogrammed envelope pillow.

last week i went a little crazy at the fabric store, their pillow inserts were a pretty good price so i bought 8 (yes, eight) in all different sizes. i was so thankful when i found sallie's tutorial on envelope pillows. her tutorial is a major lifesaver, easy to follow and i won't feel bad when i change my mind and fall in love with new fabrics...




my pillow is 18x18 and i used an off-white muslin. [which is hard to see in the pictures] while the pillow was precious, i felt like she was lacking a little something-something.

so fairly impulsively i searched "monogrammed pillows" on pinterest and found this tutorial. i probably should have read it a little bit closer. she used fabric paint, i didn't realize that until i was almost finished painting with acrylic paint. mine still turned out cute, if i say so myself.




the paint color is somewhere in between those two pictures. it's more like a turquoise and i love it!
now just to figure out what to do with the other pillows...

Linking up:
Mommy By Day...
The Idea Room
Serenity Now

The Girl Creative
UndertheTableandDreaming

3 comments:

  1. Hi from your newest follower and fellow Alabamian! Saw your link on a link party for the pillows. Super cute!

    My husband and I were married May 30th, 2008. And he is also in the ministry. We were youth pastor's at small church for over 2 years. He currently works as the Media Director for another church. Just thought are lives were quite similiar, small world huh? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I keep wanting to add some monograming somewhere in my house. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things monogrammed, & this pillow is so cute! I'm a new follower & look forward to seeing more cute projects! Come by if you get a chance & look at what I've monogrammed!
    Christa

    www.christagayle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete