December 20, 2011

homemade thin mints.

true story: i was a girl scout growing up. i never really looked forward to selling the cookies, but i sure did look forward to eating the boxes my parents bought.

my favorite are the thin mints...especially right out of the freezer.
i have seen a couple different recipes, but i went with this one because it made a lot. we needed enough for us to snack and give to neighbors.

i'm not going to lie, the recipe took quite a while but they turned out so cute. very good gift ideas!


the chocolate wafers could be a little bit sweeter, i might add more sugar next time.



the mint comes in with the coating. found this chocolate at michael's.



finished product.



all wrapped up and ready for delivery to neighbors.

linking up with:


5 comments:

  1. Love thin mints! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I bet your neighbors really appreciated your sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I love thin mints and anything having the combo of mint and chocolate. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, yum! I *love* thin mints! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look so good. tagalongs were always my fave but i also loooooove me some thin mints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your link from Centsational Girl. :) These look delicious! I was never a girl scout, but I always looked forward to my parents buying some from our neighbor girl. And I love them out of the freezer, too!
    (And side note, saw that you are with Cru. We are missionaries in Hungary and know tons of Cru people here. God bless you and your ministry there!)

    ReplyDelete